The best way to create a great video is to work with the right production company. As with any working relationship especially a creative one, you need to make sure that you and the video company are working towards the same objectives.
Before you even begin to make your film, you will need to think about;
- Your goals for the video and where you intend to display it
- Your primary target audience
- Your budget & timeframe
- Your promotional plans
- How you will measure its success
Once the video company has this information they should put together a production plan that you can easily follow. If they don’t do this then ask them to.
You may already have ideas of how you want the video to look. You may have a script, a location and even a style of editing in mind. Bring this to the table when you chat with the production team, they will appreciate the input.
Remember, a great video is one that gains exposure.
- Be authentic. Genuine information presented in a likeable way is attractive to prospective customers.
- Be personal – people love stories. Remember, people buy from people.
- Grab attention – make a video that people want to watch.
- Showcase your product –a short video speaks a thousand words.
When you clearly explain what you do and people understand your service, they are more likely to want to do business.
Video shoot with BiY founder Darren Shaw